Vein Care Providers At Your Service
Trusted Vein Care Professionals Since 2001
The Center for Advanced Vein Care in Hickory, NC, takes great pride in having a roster of accomplished and caring medical professionals. Dr. Aaron Thompson Jr. and his team have the needed skills, knowledge, and experience to effectively diagnose patients and provide treatment options to aid their recovery.
With us, you can have peace of mind knowing that you’re in the hands of qualified and compassionate care providers. Get to know our staff today and discover why we’re one of the best choices for venous disease treatment.
About Dr. Aaron Thompson, Jr., MD, FACS
The Center for Advanced Vein Care is proudly led by an esteemed physician, Dr. Aaron Thompson, Jr. His extensive experience and knowledge in surgery and venous diseases, combined with state-of-the-art medical technologies, aid him in providing the best possible care to his patients. This way, they can feel good about their body image and enjoy a life free of pain.
Before starting his private practice in North Carolina, Dr. Thompson worked as an attending physician at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey in Newark. He has also completed his surgical internship and residency in the same medical institution.
Aside from The Center for Advanced Vein Care, he has also been affiliated with the Catawba Valley Medical Center (active staff) and Frye Regional Medical Center (courtesy staff) since 1994.
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Biology, University of Virginia in Charlottesville, VA (1982)
- Doctor of Medicine (MD), University of Virginia School of Medicine in Charlottesville, VA (1986)
- Internship and Residency, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey in Newark (1986 to 1993)
Honors and Affiliations
- Active Member- American Vein and Lymphatic Society
- Board Certification by the American Board of Surgery (1996)
- Catawba County (NC) Medical Society
- Catawba Valley Medical Center, Chair of the Department of Surgery (2010 to 2012)
- Catawba Valley Medical Center, Chief/Section of General Surgery (2005)
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons